We are looking to continue to build at Consultant level across our Public Sector Executive Recruitment team.
Reporting to the Directors of the Public Sector Practice, we are looking for Interim Consultant(s) who thrive on originating new business, building successful client relationships and can work across multiple functions in Local Government, Higher Education and Social Housing.
The Consultant roles are open to sector or functional specialisms- we are looking for self-motivated Consultants who might be seeking their next ‘big move’ and who can work in a fast paced and high performing team.
A key ingredient of our success is the close working relationship between our Executive Search and Interim functions where we often partner on meetings to support clients across their Executive Recruitment needs. This way we provide the right solution each time.
The sectors we cover include:
- Local Government
- Higher Education and Further Education
- Not for Profit
- Professional Service firms
- Central Government
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To generate and deliver revenue and position Penna as a market leader in Interim Executive talent.
- To champion Penna’s role in developing and supporting the relevant sector with the provision of Executive Interim talent
- Introducing Penna’s other services and Client Partners to clients, ensuring clients understand the full Penna offering.
- To create valued long term relationships with high calibre Interims
- Where appropriate, manage performance, development and support of Associate Consultants and admin staff working for the Practice.
- To develop and enhance Penna’s brand reputation through the professional and intelligent representation of Penna’s services within the market.
- To play an active role in developing and broadening the knowledge base of the company.Leadership & management
- Provide visible and proactive leadership for the Interim business and Penna Recruitment Solutions, acting at all times as an exemplar of Penna behaviours and best practice;
- Plans ahead to develop a solid revenue pipeline to achieve successful sales in accordance with budget.
- Delivering a “best team” approach for every client, by working closely with all Penna colleagues.
- Implements and manages a robust approach to develop business with the high quality approach expected of an IMA Approved - Interim Service Provider, controlling and monitoring all stages of the assignment process.
- Provides Business Support Team with correct coding for assignments/project on start-up paperwork;
- Inputs relevant information onto Penna systems regularly
Marketing and Events
- Responsible for supporting and organisation of regular candidate/client networking events
- Write thought leadership pieces for digital media
- Work with Penna’s marketing team to send out regular e/mail shots to candidate/client network
Nature of relationship
Public Sector Search and Interim Directors
Consultants, Search and Interim teams
Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- At least 2yrs recruitment experience is preferred at consultant level in a relevant sector
- Experience of developing business relationships, gaining trust and generating revenue
- Understanding of interim recruitment process from taking an initial brief to placement and candidate management.
- Interim Management recruitment experience background, possibly contingent recruitment
- Excellent team player
- Tenacity and highly motivated to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, persuasive and innovative communicator
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and a practical and commercial application of it
- Self starter / self motivated - Essential
- Excellent organisational skills - Essential
- The ability to work unsupervised – Essential
- Good time management - Essential
- Ability to work to deadlines – Essential
- Good with process - Essential
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment - Essential
- ‘Can do’ attitude - Essential
- Excellent communicator – Essential
- Excellent IT skills - Essential
- Gravitas - credibility with senior people - Essential
- Sales /opportunity recognition skills - Essential
- Educated to degree level - Desirable
- Ability to converse articulately with clients and candidates at all levels and have the confidence to do so
- Executive Interim Consultant bonus scheme
All employees within Penna must demonstrate behaviours consistent with the corporate values; Accountable, Supportive, Collaborative and Inspiring as listed below.
Does what they say they will do
· Builds open, honest and realistic relationships with customers and colleagues
· Reliable and acts with integrity
· Determined and passionate about delivery the best
Creates an environment where people can give of their best
· Seeks to understand the needs and concerns of others
· Creates a learning environment
· Seeks feedback from other in order to learn and develop
· Inspires others to achieve their goals
Works as part of one team
· Pulls together to put the customer first
· Support colleagues without waiting to be asked
· Helps others succeed and celebrate their success
· Actively looks to break down barriers and finds ways to work together
Creates new possibilities
· Comes to work to make a difference, sets high goals and gives 100% personal energy
· Believes in what we do and demonstrates this through actions
· Regularly challenges thinking and is open to new ideas and ways of working
· Has ambition and confidence to do thinks in new ways and to create and deliver inspirational solutions
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role please email email@example.com or Toni.firstname.lastname@example.org