Role Title Frontend Developer
Status Full Time, Permanent
Reports to Web Team Manager
Location London, Millennium Bridge House
This is a technical role to join the digital team at Penna to work on development of recruitment websites and assessment tools for clients.
The role exists as part of a team who develop support, and maintain client websites and in-house technology. The Front End Developer collaborates with teams across Penna by providing technical expertise during the specification phase of client projects, including time estimates based on provided designs. During the build phase, the Developer will build the front end for the web pages, working closely with the Backend Developer to complete all projects. That line is a little blurred though, so we’d expect the individual in this role to pick up a bit of back end skill. It may suit someone who wants to become ‘full stack’ but that wouldn’t be essential.
Our approach to working is focused on problem solving; the solutions we provide have typically never been done in our organisation or by the development team. It is essential that the Frontend Developer is willing to challenge themselves, they need to be a problem solver and open to trying new things outside of their comfort zone. These means trying new coding languages that they are not familiar with and finding/implementing solutions that they will not have used before and build them. The individual in this role would sit alongside creative professionals, so it would suit someone who is looking for an ad agency work environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
Essential technical skills:
All employees within Penna must demonstrate behaviours consistent with the corporate values; Accountable, Supportive, Collaborative and Inspiring as listed below.
Does what they say they will do
· Builds open, honest and realistic relationships with customers and colleagues
· Reliable and acts with integrity
· Determined and passionate about delivery the best
Creates an environment where people can give of their best
· Seeks to understand the needs and concerns of others
· Creates a learning environment
· Seeks feedback from other in order to learn and develop
· Inspires others to achieve their goals
Works as part of one team
· Pulls together to put the customer first
· Support colleagues without waiting to be asked
· Helps others succeed and celebrate their success
· Actively looks to break down barriers and finds ways to work together
Creates new possibilities
· Comes to work to make a difference, sets high goals and gives 100% personal energy
· Believes in what we do and demonstrates this through actions
· Regularly challenges thinking and is open to new ideas and ways of working
· Has ambition and confidence to do thinks in new ways and to create and deliver inspirational solutions
To apply please click here.