A vacancy has arisen within our team for a Consultant across our Commercial Executive Recruitment team.
Reporting to the Director of the Commercial Practice, we are looking for Search Consultants who thrive on originating new business and can work across multiple functions in the Commercial sector. We only work on retained search assignments for our clients, but we welcome Consultants who come from a contingent executive/senior level recruitment background who might be looking for a change.
The Consultant roles are open to sector specialists – we are looking for self-motivated Consultants who might be seeking their next ‘big move’ and who can work across a variety of industries.
A key ingredient of our success is the close working relationship between our Executive Search and Interim functions where we often partner on meetings to support clients across their Executive Recruitment needs. This way we provide the right solution each time.
Our network of clients and candidates includes most business functions:
- Sales & Marketing
- Programme and Project Management
- Specialist roles
The sectors we cover include:
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Retail, Consumer & FMCG
- Private Equity backed businesses
- Technology & Telco
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To generate and deliver revenue and position Penna as a market leader in retained Executive Search.
- To champion Penna’s role in developing and supporting the relevant sector with the provision of Executive Search talent
- Introducing Penna’s other services and Client Partners to clients, ensuring clients understand the full Penna offering.
- To encourage and help develop less experienced team members within the team.
- To create valued long term relationships with high calibre candidates
- Where appropriate, manage performance, development and support of Associate Consultants and admin staff working for the Practice.
- To develop and enhance Penna’s brand reputation through the professional and intelligent representation of Penna’s services within the market.
- To play an active role in developing and broadening the knowledge base of the company.Leadership & management
- Provide visible and proactive leadership for the Executive Recruitment business and Penna Recruitment Solutions, acting at all times as an exemplar of Penna behaviours and best practice;
- Plans ahead to develop a solid revenue pipeline to achieve successful sales in accordance with budget.
- Delivering a “best team” approach for every client, by working closely with all Penna colleagues.
- Implements and manages a robust approach to develop business with the high quality approach expected of an high calibre Search provider, controlling and monitoring all stages of the assignment process.
- Provides Business Support Team with accurate information for assignments/projects on start-up paperwork;
- Inputs relevant information onto Penna systems regularly
Marketing and Events
- Responsible for supporting and organisation of regular client networking events
- Write thought leadership pieces for digital media
- Work with Penna’s marketing team to send out regular e/mail shots to candidate/client network
- Work with Interim colleagues on joint marketing projects
For a confidential conversation please contact email@example.com
Nature of relationship
Commercial Search and Interim Director
Consultants, Search and Interim teams
Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- At least 2yrs Recruitment experience is essential
- Understanding of retained executive search recruitment process from taking an initial brief to managing the process, placement and candidate management is key
- Contingent permanent recruitment experience background is acceptable if at a senior recruitment level and can adapt to a retained search offering
- Excellent team player
- Tenacity and highly motivated to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, persuasive and innovative communicator
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and a practical and commercial application of it
- Self starter / self motivated - Essential
- Excellent organisational skills - Essential
- The ability to work unsupervised – Essential
- Good time management - Essential
- Ability to work to deadlines – Essential
- Good with process - Essential
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment - Essential
- ‘Can do’ attitude - Essential
- Excellent communicator – Essential
- Excellent IT skills - Essential
- Gravitas - credibility with senior people - Essential
- Sales /opportunity recognition skills - Essential
- Educated to degree level - Desirable
- Ability to converse articulately with clients and candidates at all levels and have the confidence to do so
- Executive Search Consultant bonus scheme
All employees within Penna must demonstrate behaviours consistent with the corporate values; Accountable, Supportive, Collaborative and Inspiring as listed below.
Does what they say they will do
· Builds open, honest and realistic relationships with customers and colleagues
· Reliable and acts with integrity
· Determined and passionate about delivery the best
Creates an environment where people can give of their best
· Seeks to understand the needs and concerns of others
· Creates a learning environment
· Seeks feedback from other in order to learn and develop
· Inspires others to achieve their goals
Works as part of one team
· Pulls together to put the customer first
· Support colleagues without waiting to be asked
· Helps others succeed and celebrate their success
· Actively looks to break down barriers and finds ways to work together
Creates new possibilities
· Comes to work to make a difference, sets high goals and gives 100% personal energy
· Believes in what we do and demonstrates this through actions
· Regularly challenges thinking and is open to new ideas and ways of working
· Has ambition and confidence to do thinks in new ways and to create and deliver inspirational solutions