The role of Channel Strategist at Penna is crucial as we increasingly focus on innovative, robust and flexible attraction and resourcing solutions to meet the needs of our client base across the commercial, public sector and education marketing sectors domestically and globally. Reporting to the Head of Solutions, you will provide strategic channel direction for clients (and new business prospects) and work with the client teams to oversee the planning of a wide range of channel strategies for clients across numerous sectors. You will also become the lead on a number of key clients, working with the Client Partners, Project Managers, Creative Consultants or independently leading on Media only accounts.
Your primary responsibility is to provide strategic channel solutions based on Penna’s product offerings in partnership with Client Delivery Managers and Client Partners. An in-depth understanding of media knowledge and how direct resourcing works will be of paramount importance. You will play a leading role in creating effective and innovative attraction channel approaches including what media to leverage and advertise on but also identify opportunities for the sourcing part of Penna’s business. You will also develop and in some instances manage commercial relationships with our media suppliers, enhancing not only our potential or revenue but also our reputation in the wider market.
You’ll also be responsible for driving the shift in channel planning to be more data driven, and less reliant on subjective decisions.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Act as one of the strategic leads for clients across all the sectors we’re operating in;Hold overall responsibility for the quality of media planning and scheduling
- Work closely with the key managers in Client Service to drive the department forward, to develop innovative solutions and reach our financial targets;
- Involvement in key pitches and new business activities where channel knowledge and strategy is integral to those clients;
- Work with the Head of Solutions and Head of Digital Strategy to ensure the comprehensive management, training and mentoring of team activity;
- Manage relevant commercial targets, e.g. minimum margins for different service lines;
- Develop new products/outputs in collaboration with team members;
- Identify, negotiate with and manage external providers of media related services/products where necessary;
- Provide input and leadership across channel strategy part of projects where appropriate;
- Maintain a depth of knowledge about the range of media options available;
- You will develop and maintain relationships with local and international online media publishers;
- You will keep an eye on innovation at all times, including developments in new technology and mobile solutions;
- Where relevant attend, and in some instances lead, client relationship meetings including the channel strategy, planning and implementation of campaigns;
- Share knowledge and thought leadership on the trends of channel, both internally and externally;
- Work closely with the wider Penna teams in communicating media technology related processes, responsibilities and capabilities across the company;
- Along with your experience and knowledge of media statistics and research tools, you will use available data and analysis to strategically gain relevant insights and influence effective media planning;
- Build positive, productive and healthy working relationships across the company whilst maintaining an objective outlook on best outcomes and overall efficiency.
You are a decisive individual with good judgment, establishing facts and gathering necessary information to make decisions. You are confident and committed to/accountable for your decisions and possess the ability to know when to refer upwards. You also have a strong personal presence and can easily motivate others and inspire a positive attitude.
You understand the different functional areas of the organisation and how these can benefit the team, and the financial implications and imperatives of the business. As a result, you drive delivery in line with the business need and monitor progress to targets, taking appropriate actions to keep things on track.
You speak confidently and listen effectively, questioning and probing to obtain the relevant level of detail needed for each project. You recognise problems before they escalate and consider them in the wider context of consequences and can generate workable solutions, evaluate options and review lessons learned and success.
You are forward thinking and look for new approaches to gain greater success. You can break down strategy into manageable and achievable tasks, and check work for accuracy. You take pride in the quality of output as well as the completion of the task and you set and expect very high standards.
You are comfortable working with data. Seeking qualitative and quantitative data to feed the development of channel strategies. Working with experts across the business on models for attribution, yield forecasting and for audience segmentation.
You are self-aware and take into account the emotions and concerns of others. You will display sensitivity to cultural diversity and consistency in honesty and integrity. You delegate effectively and empower and encourage others on your team to take ownership and make the best use of their talents. You give feedback and guidance, helping the team to develop to their fullest potential. You also have the ability to address difficult people situations with tact and diplomacy.
Finally, you are aware of what makes money and cost effectiveness and understand our business environment, competitors, products, services, suppliers and pricing. You will be able to develop and maintain internal and external networks and use them to the benefit of the business.
- A passion for media
- A deep understanding of the recruitment industry and its processes
- Experience of running successful large-scale media campaigns for clients
- Highly developed interpretive/analytical skills
- Knowledge of innovations and trends in media (UK & internationally)
- Knowledge of ad exchanges and ad networks including mobile ad-networks
- Ability to lead teams, by setting project objectives and managing to them
- Ability to interact with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, and manage client expectations to ensure client satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Enjoyment and understanding of digital technology
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Client management and communications experience
- Experience of resourcing and how it can be used as a solution
- Experience of supporting a team in a similar environment
To apply please click here.