This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join our lively, ambitious, and collaborative Performance Media team at Penna. The Performance Media team is comprised of specialists in data science, ad-ops, paid media, and comms strategy.
At Penna, our goal is to attract, excite and secure the right talent for our clients. But how do we do that? Well, we need to be heard over the hubbub. We need to stand out in a crowded market and create spot-on solutions that will delight our clients. And as part of our Performance Media team, you’ll be right at the heart of making that happen.
You will be reporting to the Head of Performance Media, and responsible for all aspects of our Data & Analytics function which includes
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various clients and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilise algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Collaborate with our client delivery and paid media teams to develop and optimise all UI aspects of our campaign dashboards.
- Producing weekly, monthly, and quarterly insights that will be used to influence our channel strategy and improve our clients ROI
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data to provide recommendations and tactical changes
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Identify and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and working closely with the engineering team to strategies and execute the development of data products
- Liaise with technology partners while recommending and evaluating new opportunities for clients, ensuring innovation by researching and testing new tools and solutions.
- Keep current with technical and industry developments and contribute to team meetings and running our data forum to maintain our data driven culture within our business.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in data science
- Experience in SQL, reporting software (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense, Data Studio)
- Experience with Python and R programming and advanced Excel skills
- Experience in developing machine learning algorithms
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with AWS
- Producing performance insights and business recommendations
- Google Analytics certified
- Technical tracking expertise (e.g., setting up tracking, QA, troubleshooting, UTM).
- Experience in building Microsoft or Google forms to build workflow
- Experience in using workflow software such as Trello, Monday.com or ClickUp
All individuals are recruited on merit, and we do not discriminate against anyone based on race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other protected group.
Our internal programmes and external work with our clients make us proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Inclusive Employer.
Difference is what unites us, diverse views and identities are what drives our innovation and inclusive culture.
If you have a disability or long-term health condition that requires accommodation or reasonable adjustments made during the recruitment process.